Skip to main content

Onboarding

Certificated Full Time

Certificated employees are school employees that require a teaching or service credential authorized by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).

If you are being hired in a certificated position, please complete the following forms by clicking the links: 

1) Onboarding Forms -  All employees must complete the online onboarding forms. At the end of the form, please click submit to send it to your Human Resources representative. 

2) Retirement Forms - California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) is typically the retirement plan for certificated employees. 2% at 60 members contribute 10.25% and 2% at 62 members contribute 9.205%. The district contributes 16.28% (2018), 18.13% (2019), and 19.1% (2020).

3) Fringe Benefits - LESD strives to offer a comprehensive fringe benefit package to eligible employees. Carefully review the available plans and complete an enrollment for each of your selections.

4) Annual Notifications - Annual notifications are available in print upon request.

 

 

Classified Part Time

Classified part-time employees are school employees that typically work less than 6 hours per day. 

If you are being hired in a classified part-time position, please complete the following forms: 

1) Onboarding Forms -  All employees must complete the online onboarding forms. At the end of the form, please click submit to send it to your Human Resources representative. 

2) Retirement Forms - The FICA Alternative Plan, which is administered through National Benefit Services, is typically for employees that work less than 4 hours per day and are not already members of CalPERS. Employees contribute 3.75% of gross monthly salary and the district contributes 3.75%, totaling 7.5% toward this retirement plan.

If you are a part-time employee that will work more than 4 hours per day, please complete the CalPERS form

If you are unsure of which retirement form to complete, please contact your Human Resources representative.

4) Annual Notifications - Annual notifications are available in print upon request.

 

Classified Full Time

Classified employees are school employees that do not require a teaching or service credential.

If you are being hired in a classified position, please complete the following forms: 

1) Onboarding Forms -  All employees must complete the online onboarding forms. At the end of the form, please click submit to send it to your Human Resources representative. 

2) Retirement Forms - California Public Employee’s Retirement System (CalPERS) is typically the retirement system for classified employees working 4 hours or more per day. Classic and PEPRA members contribute 7% of gross monthly salary. The district contributes 18.062% for both Classic and PEPRA members.

3) Fringe Benefits - LESD strives to offer a comprehensive fringe benefit package to eligible employees. Carefully review the available plans and complete an enrollment for each of your selections.

4) Annual Notifications - Annual notifications are available in print upon request.

 

 

 

 

Contacts

Phone (310) 973-1300 Fax (310) 263-6493

Juan Santos, Ed.D., ext. 50059
Assistant Superintendent

Angie Berlin, ext. 50060
Secretary to Asst. Supt.
District Office, Management, Maintenance,

Liz Johnson, ext. 50061
HR Technician
Anderson, Green, Rogers

Kathy Prouty, ext. 50062
HR Technician
Addams, Mitchell, Smith, Twain

Vacant, ext. 50042
HR Technician
SELPA Itinerant, Central Kitchen, Preschool,  Maintenance, Workers Compensation

Betty Gonzalez Salgado, ext. 50063
HR Technician
Substitutes, FDR/Carson, RAP Program, Volunteers